Apple Oat Morning Smoothie
We ALL know how important breakfast is in the morning. Now, the problem is, a lot of people skip it… which should be a big No No. Breakfast wakes you up, its basically like putting fuel into your body so that it can start the engine and start running. So PLEASE, if you are one of those “skip breakfast” people.. try and get yourself into a routine and habit of eating in the morning! I like to think of it as my moment of peace in the morning, because normally Im running around, getting ready, doing this and that… and then when breakfast is ready I sit down… and eat.. peacefully.
This recipe is just what you need in the morning. Its filling, healthy, quick and tastes AMAZING! Plus its apple season, so GO FOR IT!
Enjoy your smoothie with the Smoothie Straw :)
Quantity: 1- 2 portions
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 3 large table spoons of rolled oats
- 1 cup of almond milk (or any other kind you prefer)
- 1 tbsp. on almond butter
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1tsp of honey
- 4 ice cubes
- Smoothie Straw - angled or straight
- Put the cup of milk and 3 large tablespoons of rolled oats into the blender, and let it sit there.
- Wash the apple, cut out the core and cut into chunks. Peel banana and cut into chunks. Now put the fruit into the blender. (If using a weaker blender, it would be best to peel the apple to avoid having chunks of the skin)
- Now add the rest of the ingredients into the blender; the almond butter, cinnamon, honey and ice cubes. Blend for about 2 minutes.
- Make sure to have it ASAP and fresh J to get all the good vitamins and nutrients!