Carrot Cake Smoothie
Carrot cake is one of those things when I literally can eat the whole cake, ALONE, and with absolute no guilt. I just absolutely love the flavour of the walnuts combined with the sweetness of the carrots, its so comforting, like a blanket in my mouth haha. So I mean I just had to find a way to have that comfort without eating the whole cake ya know?
Now, THIS smoothie, ah, tastes SOOOOO GOOD!!! I like to have it in the morning, but i mean why not make it during the day? maybe for dessert? literally have it whenever you want, because its healthy and filling and has a bunch of good vitamins and nutrients. The only thing I would highly recommend to soak the walnuts overnight..its not an absolute necessity but it just makes the texture of the smoothie…reaaaallly smooth. SO if you think you’re gonna have a carrot cake smoothie tomorrow, well make sure to put those walnuts in some water tonight. But really try this smoothie! It tastes so good! makes my tastebuds do the happy dance.
Enjoy your smoothie with the Smoothie Straw :)
Quantity: 1- 2 portions
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 30 grams of walnuts (best if soaked overnight)
- 1 big carrot/2 small ones, peeled and grated
- 1 cup of almond milk (or any milk you prefer)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 4 dates/1 tsp of honey
- 4 ice cubes
- Smoothie Straw - angled or straight
- Soak the 30g of walnuts overnight. (preferably), then make sure to drain and wash them under cold water.
- Place into the blender all the ingredients! Blend for about 1 minute, taste and see if you need to add more sweetness or milk.
- Enjoy it ASAP and enjoy the nutrients and vitamins.