Kale Quinoa Shrimp Salad
So, this recipe has literally been a hit EVERY SINGLE TIME I have made it. I brought it to dinner parties and barbecues and every time my recipe was stolen (well…cant say I really wanted to share my recipe, but Im a good person…so I did). This might take some time to prep, but its oh so worth it! Its one of those salads that you can adapt and make your own with the ingredients. Let this salad be your canvas Let me know what you think of the recipe.
Serve using awesome Hand Salad Utensil :)
Quantity: 4 portions (side dish)
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3 big handfuls of washed cut kale
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- juices of about half a lemon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of cut cucumber
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup bell pepper (red, yellow or orange)
- 2 tbsp of cut white onion or scallion
- 1 cup of cook chilled quinoa
- 150g of frozen deshelled shrimp
- 1 tsp of piripiri seasoning
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of water
- ½ tsp of smoked paprika
- ½ tsp of crushed black pepper
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 2 pinches of salt
- Put the washed and cut up kale into a large bowl and pour over 1tbsp of olive oil, juices of about half a lemon and a pinch of salt. Massage the kale gently with your hands to make sure its all covered (make sure your hands are clean!). Let the kale sit for 30 minutes.
- While the kale is “sitting”, thaw the shrimp under some cold water. Once thawed make sure to place them on some paper towels and pat them dry. Once the shrimp are dry place them into a bowl and cover them.
- Prepare all the vegetables and cut them into whatever slices/cuts you prefer and place them all into a bowl.
- Place all the salad dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk everything together.
- Heat up a pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot melt the tsp of coconut oil and throw in the shrimps and piri piri seasoning. Cook for a few minutes, occasionally stirring until the shrimps are opaque and then take them off the heat.
- NOW everything is ready for assembling. In the same bowl where the kale is, put ontop the cucumbers, shredded carrots, bell pepper, the white onion, the cooked chilled quinoa and the cooked shrimp. Now pour the salad dressing you made and mix all together.